Pure Sea Salt with Umami No 2
Made with spices and nutritional yeast, this is the very definition of mouth-watering umami. A seasoning of dreams.
When visiting a customer in New York, we ate at a restaurant in Tribeca which inspired this winning blend.
Easily adds flavour to:
- All types of potatoes
- Home-popped corn
- Crispy croutons
- Vinaigrette for salad leaves
The more adventurous among us should try:
- Pan frying clams with a pinch of Umami No 2
- Adding 1 part polenta to 4 parts boiling water and seasoning generously with Umami Number 2. Cook until the polenta is no longer mealy, and serve with a saucy meat or veggie ragout
- Mixing equal parts gram flour and water together until smooth, along with a teaspoon of Umami Number 2. Allow to sit covered for a couple of hours, then fry in plenty of hot olive oil for a crisp farinata pancake to serve with drinks
- Dressing rocket with olive oil, red wine vinegar and Umami Number 2 salt as an alternative to parmesan alongside pizza or pasta
This product comes in our re-sealable, eco-friendly pouch. Click here to find out more about our biodegradable packaging.
100g. Please note our products are sold on weight not volume.
Ground Halen Môn Pure Sea Salt PDO (45%), Umami Mix [nutritional yeast, sugar, garlic powder, chilli powder, cumin] (55%)