Black Garlic Ketchup 310g
“Black as midnight on a moonless night. Sweet and sticky from the slow-cooked garlic, but with enough vinegar to balance it out. Addictive. 5/5 stars” – The Times
Black garlic is made from cloves aged under the perfect conditions until they turn jet black and develop a gorgeously sticky texture. The flavour is sweet, earthy and deep and our sauce uses these prized caramelized cloves to elevate an everyday staple.
Easily adds flavour to:
- A weekend fry-up
- Hearty stews and soups
- Marinades for meat and root vegetables
- Caramelised onions
The more adventurous among us should try:
- Stirring a spoonful into garlic mayonnaise and serving alongside crispy battered vegetables or chicken for dipping
- Spreading onto buttered toast before topping with grated cheddar, Comté or Gruyère, melting the cheese under the grill for an umami-rich cheese on toast
- Halving, scoring and seasoning a couple of aubergines before spreading equal parts Black Garlic Ketchup and Greek yoghurt over the cut surface. Grill until the aubergines are tender and serve with flatbreads and salad
- Adding a heaped spoonful to beef mince or crushed black beans, finely chopped shallot and breadcrumbs before shaping into patties and shallow frying until piping hot throughout for a super savoury burger
Brown Sugar, Black Garlic (19%), Acetic acid, Balsamic Vinegar, Onions, Tomato Purée, Olive Oil, Halen Môn Sea Salt PDO, Spices.
After opening, keep in the fridge and use within one month.