Roasted grape + ricotta crostini
Sweet, sour, salty and smoky. Roasted grapes with a dash of vinegar and Pure Sea Salt Smoked over Oak with creamy ricotta and crispy sage. (Serve as a snack or canapé with napkins, this one is messy!)
- Heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas mark 7 and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the grapes in a bowl with the vinegar, honey, thyme, 2 tbsp olive oil and Smoked Salt. Snip some of the grape vines so that you have smaller bunches. Leave to sit for 10 minutes before tipping on to the baking tray and roasting for 10 minutes.
- Check the grapes, give them a shake and add the sage leaves along with the final tbsp of olive oil. Roast for a further 5-10 minutes, until the grapes are starting to burst and the sage is crispy. Leave to cool.
- Mix the ricotta with the lemon juice, zest and a generous pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Top the toasts with the ricotta and then the grapes, tipping the juices from the parchment over the toasts and distributing the sage leaves evenly.
- Slice the toasts into smaller portions and serve on a platter.
RECIPE: El Kemp