Great things in jars and tins
Once confined to the back of the cupboard, tinned foods are finally getting the attention they deserve with some incredible producers putting time and effort into making delicious, beautiful and sustainable tinned products.
Look at our instagram for a tour of our Catalonian importer’s warehouse, which is the most joyous celebration of things in tins if we ever saw one.
Below, we’ve pulled together some of our absolute favourites. From exquisite packaging to whole restaurant menus built round them, and even one of our favourite cookbooks, it’s time to get excited about great things in tins.
Tins for supper
These are tins worth building your supper round or packing up and taking to your favourite picnic spot.
- The best boquerones to top a piece of buttered bread and some flaky Halen Môn salt
- Calamari in the perfect, herby tomato sauce
- A platter of these little stuffed vine leaves, on some garlicy yoghurt with flatbreads for mopping up
- The world’s very best risotto rice
- Super sustainable tinned fish from Spain, eat these straight from the tin
- Greek style gigantes beans, with some good quality oil and a chunk of sourdough
Tins for the store cupboard
These are tins we think should be in every cupboard. They’re a quick and easy way to extend the seasons and a cheaper way to get hold of the best quality foods.
We do a beautiful gin giftset with a lovely tin lid