Charred peas in pods
- 500g fresh peas in pods, thoroughly washed
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 teaspoons Halen Môn Pure Sea Salt
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. It’s the best way to eat peas when they come into season and proof that all you really need is a good pinch of salt. Early summer snacking at it’s finest.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan to a medium/ high heat. In a bowl toss the peas in the olive oil and 2 tsp of the salt.
- Once the pan is hot, add half the peas (or reasonable batches depending on how big your pan is) and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly charred and the peas inside are tender.
- As soon as the peas are cooked, drizzle over the lemon juice and zest, add the last tsp of salt and serve.
Thanks to Elly Kemp for the recipe and pics.